There are many things I LOVE about the Spring and Summer. One thing that I missed out on last Spring and Summer was hanging my clothes outside to dry. My very round prego belly got in the way of everything- that is my excuse! This year I plan on using my clothing line ALL the time. Who doesn’t love sleeping in sheets that smell like fresh country air. Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face…and you save money.
Here are some tips and tricks for hanging your clothing outside:
- Everyone dis-likes wrinkly clothes. Skip the ironing by shaking out the wet clothes before hanging.
- Leave some space in between each article of clothing. The closer they are together the more time it will take to dry.
- Don’t forget to wipe down your line once a month… Or, if you live on a farm with dust blowing and what not, you may need to do this more often.
- The more you hang dry your clothes, the long your clothing will last.
- Sun is a natural bleacher…perfect for white, but may fade those dark shirts.
- Hanging a dress shirt? Put it on a hanger then on to the line it goes. This will help avoid clothespin marks.
- Put all your clothespins in a mesh bag and wash in warm soapy water-then hang them on the line to dry.
Happy Spring! Have fun drying!
I can’t wait to line dry my washing. If you iron things….like I love to do, line dry them until they are just a little damp. They will iron like a dream.
Spring is in the air!