This recipe is delicious! I just had this recipe for dinner and to be honest I would eat it all, but have to save some for the Farmer.
Kale & Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced ( I used chicken thighs-fully cooked them in the oven ahead of time with some seasonings)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (darn it, I forgot to add this OPPS!)
- 1 (3 ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese ( I used half of this and half reg. cheddar cheese)
- Basil as much or as little as you like
1. Combine kale, water, red wine vinegar, and sea salt in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until the kale wilts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain, reserving the liquid. Set the kale aside.
2. Sauté garlic. Combine the reserved liquid and the chicken in the saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir the kale, cream, butter, and black pepper through the chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the mixture is hot, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese & chopped basil over the mixture; cook and stir until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
*** I added shell peas to the kale when I was cooking it in the saucepan***
Yummmmmieeeeeeeeeeee! I can’t say enough about this yummy dish!