Kale as you may or may not know is a SUPER veggie!
Kale is very simple to work with, fry it, bake it, boil it…Just make sure you trim the greens (or reds) or the spine part and you’re good to go!
I has Kale to everything! Have fun and try it in new dishes!
Simple, Simple Kale Recipe
What you need:
- 1 bunch green or red kale, washed and chopped
- Garlic scapes, softer part chopped (add as much or as little-garlic scapes are more mild than the bulb of garlic)
- Peas of your choice, washed
- 1 Kohlrabi
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
And for the fun part:
- heat olive oil in pan
- add Kohlrabi & onions (our onions are ready soon)
- saute onions and add in kale, peas and garlic scapes.
- saute until everything is soft
- toss in salt & pepper, paprika, herbs.
- add some red wine vinegar and mix everything together
You can add this stir fry to some rice and some meat of choice.
As more and more of our veggies are ready, this is a great recipe to keep adding veggies to. Zucchini would be a great add!
I stopped into your stand yesterday end of day. I just had the kale, kohlrabi and garlic scape stir fried for lunch. It was delicious! The I am so excited to have access to your food! See you Thursday. I just hope I’m in time to try some of the peas!
Delicious! Try adding purple top turnips, yumm!