Easy-Cheesy Zucchini & Sausage Pasta
Do you have a comfort food dish? This would be mine! I love a good bowl of pasta with our tomato sauce. It’s one of those recipes that you can add whatever you want. You can make it meatless or change up the meat to ground pork or beef, maybe even use chicken. So simple you can prepare it with your eyes closed…But please for safety DON’T cook with your eyes closed.
What you need:
– 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced.
– 1 medium red onion, slice and dice it!
– 2 cloves of garlic, however in this recipe I used one big green garlic.
– noodles of choice, and you can decide how much noodles you want to make…I Always make enough noodles to feed a the town of Milton (when I only need to feed myself and 3 mouths).
– 1 jar of Marshall’s tomato puree, simmer on medium until thick.
– BASIL and lots of it…unless you don’t like basil.
– 4 cooked sausages,
– salt and pepper
– fresh Parmesan cheese
– smoked cheddar cheese (or whatever you want)
– start simmering the sauce with basil and make the noodles.
– wash and cut all veggies,
– saute veggies with oil or butter, lightly saute.
– once all done, mix sauce, veggies and noodles together.
– add cheese!
DONE! Serve with a nice glass of wine and some fresh bread. Enjoy.